i just took a walk around the U-shaped cul-du-sac ALL BY MYSELF! last friday, on a 1/3 mile walk to the neighborhood park, my brother & mom had to point out every large crack for me, so i didn't trip over anything (yet, i still tripped once on a large crack & stumbled a bit up a hill). so this is HUGE. and i had to take a rest after each leg of the walk...& here i am, energized instead of tired! still, i have to learn to look around at things while moving...non-moving objects seem to be moving very fast around me still & i *really* need that to stop, for the sake of future driving, walking & so my stomach will stop getting nauseous during car rides.
anyway, i just thought i would share that with everyone. i know i discuss how annoying the ringing in my ear is & the facial numbness, but other things are going well. plus, as my doctor/surgeon pointed out, i do have a slightly crooked smile right now (which may or may not straighten out) BUT very famous & sometimes beautiful people have crooked smiles. he gave the example of bill clinton...i think that was an example of a more famous than beautiful person *smile* & today was the first time i noticed, that yes, i DO have a crooked smile & it's not so bad. sort of looks *smirky* & that's just unique enough to be okay.
now to figure out how to type a crooked *smile* lol.... hhmmm, ~smile* ??? does that work? `smile~ ?? any suggestions?
anyway, i just thought i would share that with everyone. i know i discuss how annoying the ringing in my ear is & the facial numbness, but other things are going well. plus, as my doctor/surgeon pointed out, i do have a slightly crooked smile right now (which may or may not straighten out) BUT very famous & sometimes beautiful people have crooked smiles. he gave the example of bill clinton...i think that was an example of a more famous than beautiful person *smile* & today was the first time i noticed, that yes, i DO have a crooked smile & it's not so bad. sort of looks *smirky* & that's just unique enough to be okay.
now to figure out how to type a crooked *smile* lol.... hhmmm, ~smile* ??? does that work? `smile~ ?? any suggestions?


7 comments:
Good work! Well, the smile I always use is ") which Bill calls my sideways smile cause sometimes I do a little smirk...I picture it with both eyes on top, and the smile curving up and to the right. ")
just so you know...I have seen you several times and didnt notice any type of crooked smile.
Great job on the walk around the block. I seriously cannot believe the progress. You are a strong woman for sure.
oh...my crooked smile would be something like this...
sMiLe
Yeah team Heidi, I'm sure it feels great just to get out and breath some fresh air! I also didn't notice a crooked smile, but I think crooked smiles look flirty and mischievous;?
:~`
you, superwoman, you!! =) i've loved hearing of your progress and am so proud of your progress. you're doing great! we're up at the lake for a few days but then hope to drop by to visit with some food soon...
Aren't those little milestones great?! I was surprised that right about that 6 weeks mark when they told me I could drive I was actually ready to drive. At 2 weeks post-op I would not have thought it would be so. I think where you are now is just where you're supposed to be. Great work! How's this for a crooked smile :/ or :\ (colon and a slash mark).
BTW--how'd the haircut work out? You didn't mention it, so I'm hoping that's not a bad sign. Anyway, it's just hair.
Glad to hear your are up and out again. I've been thinking of you lately. I think you're right about Clinton being famous, but Katie Holmes has a cute crooked smile and I'm sure yours is cute too!
Post a Comment