this morning was the 36 (i'm 36 1/2 weeks) week appointment with the midwife. i have continued to have contractions these past two weeks, nothing major or painful, more uncomfortable. so when the nurse said that the midwife would want to check my cervix b/c of the contractions i was just thinking 'this is annoying b/c nothing will have changed & i will have an exam for no reason...' lo & behold... i am 1 cm dilated! YEA! i'm not sure if that means i will go earlier than the 39-40 week mark, but it does make the contractions a bit more enjoyable (b/c they are actually doing something productive). and then the midwife said that if i start to have contractions that i have their permission to encourage them along.
we are very excited that this is starting already. but i will not be fooled into thinking this means an early delivery, i'm just happy to know all is at least starting to progress.
now if we would just finish that nursery...wes' job in the nursery is complete (painting, chair rail, blinds, etc) so now it's all organizing & cleaning. my mom is coming this wednesday thru saturday to help me do that, thankfully. go contractions! (oops, go "surges" as they are called in hypnobirthing).
1 month ago


4 comments:
YEA!!! Any progress is good news, how exciting! Did you hear Marin had her baby on Saturday morning? His name is Garrett Mathew, no pics yet, or word on how big he is.
i am jeolous...although, I am 2 weeks behind you. When I have 4 weeks to go, I will then be a bit more jeolous.
Maybe I will actually get to photograph this birth afterall.
Way to go Heidi! Scott and I are excited to be an aunt & uncle again, I can't wait to hold a little baby. You timed this just right as the girls are all moving out of infancy and in to toddler-hood.
That is awesome. I hope j2 makes good on this progress for you and joins the rest of us soon!
Post a Comment