A day to remember and a day to forget is how I will sum this one up. Don't want to have to ever go through this or anything like this ever again but if so this would be a pretty good place to start. About 5p we were told that heidi was awake in the post op recovery area but the ICU is full so she is hanging out there. All considering she looks pretty good and is awake, aware, and agitated. The nurse those were all good signs but gave her some sleepy drugs because being a 'bad patient' is good for long term recovery sleep is the best for the short term. She didn't get a turbine thing which is good.
as odd as the last month has been and the emotional roller coaster I can still say god has been entirely faithful on this one so I thought I'd hit a few highlights...
- to the eye doctor who saw something she didn't like and wanted to get it looked at...
- to the optical neurologist, while still a jerk, still wanting to get an MRI just to be sure...even though I thought it stupid
- to having one of the cutting edge doctors (Welling) in this field 20 minutes down the road
- to this happening in the summer when 2 of 4 grandparents are on summer break as they are teachers
- to not having the commercial group sold until a month after the surgery when medical insurance is going to make this not bankrupt us
- to having the anesthesiologist who has worked with the surgeon for about 20 years.
- to finding out from the post op nurse, without really asking, that if she or her family had something like this she would want this same anesthesiologist, neurosurgeon (the guy who got welling into her brain), and doctor because the are the best. As she put it 'they are some of the smartest and also the nicest'
So as I sit here on the lawn in front of the hospital watching the planes fly over (the hospital is probably less than 10 miles from the airport directly in the flight path) and the sun set i know this world is bigger than what I can understand and I/we are well taken care of even when things suck....and that is why the sun has shown brightly.
1 month ago


5 comments:
For we know that all things work together for good for those that love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.
ERin
Thank you for posting today. We are so grateful to hear how things have gone. So glad for all the ways God has taken care of you guys through this. Praying tonight....
Erin and James Kutnow
thinking of you today. This was a great post Wes. I was thinking on the way home from the hospital that the timing in all of this was perfectly arranged. God does see your precious family.
Very glad to hear Heidi's surgery went well!! Cheers to the "bigger" world :)
Kristy
I think this day stacks up in my mind like days you remember forever -- JFK assassination, Reagan being shot, Scotty leaving for Iraq, and how the sun shone and the food tasted so good after "sweet Heidi" came out of her surgery so well....thank you Jesus.
Post a Comment