this is an email from my mom telling us about addys' weekend with them. my parents felt for me & my sickness, so they offered to take addy for the weekend when they also were babysitting addy's twin cousins (girls, 18 months old) for a day...i asked her if she was crazy & she said 'yes' so i didn't argue! who can pass up that offer?!
******The first Addy part [of the drive to meet wes tonight] was very happy - I showed her a barn and she started to sing "e-i-e-i-o".... so we sang that for a while. I sat with her in the back, and we ate and ate a whole big gulp cupful of cereal..... I woke her up to leave, so she was taken by surprise a little without a lot of time to stress. I showed her Chloe and Zoe's house while still in Cinnamon Lake, and for some reason she seems to call Scott [my brother] "Giliam", in all of the pictures, or some such derivative. So she said "Giliam" and nodded her head like Chloe & Zoe did all day yesterday every time they said a word they thought we should understand.
The other part - the terror of forgetting Little Bear, and then Popop pulling into one [gas] station with half of the pumps closed, then going to Goasis [gas station] and they had just had a major meltdown, so we left before it got ugly, and went back and waited at the half open ones...... I was a bit worried as I know Addy only has so many happy minutes in the car, and sadly, Wes probably got the tail end of that situation.
She seemed very happy when we parted, and nodded her head when I told her to give Griswold a big kiss for me. It was a very fun weekend - Addy seemed very happy yesterday with the twins, and very happy today to play with us, so it was fun. Only she didn't fall asleep for her nap until I went in at 2:30 finally and laid down with her and rubbed her back and face........ (I had put her down at 12:30) She looked very shocked when I walked into the room and said "ok, let's get into bed, Addy-girl".....
The other part - the terror of forgetting Little Bear, and then Popop pulling into one [gas] station with half of the pumps closed, then going to Goasis [gas station] and they had just had a major meltdown, so we left before it got ugly, and went back and waited at the half open ones...... I was a bit worried as I know Addy only has so many happy minutes in the car, and sadly, Wes probably got the tail end of that situation.
She seemed very happy when we parted, and nodded her head when I told her to give Griswold a big kiss for me. It was a very fun weekend - Addy seemed very happy yesterday with the twins, and very happy today to play with us, so it was fun. Only she didn't fall asleep for her nap until I went in at 2:30 finally and laid down with her and rubbed her back and face........ (I had put her down at 12:30) She looked very shocked when I walked into the room and said "ok, let's get into bed, Addy-girl".....
When popop put the gas nozzle in the car, she put her hands out and told me to be quiet with a look and said "kelicopter". It is all very funny. I asked her if she wanted to go home and see Amelia, and she looked very sorrowful and nodded her head emphatically yes. We hadn't mentioned it before, so I am not sure if she had thought anything more than that moment about it.
Tell her our house if very quiet tonight. (unless you count the very loud football game) ******
Tell her our house if very quiet tonight. (unless you count the very loud football game) ******
so that's the story of addy's weekend. the story of our weekend? well, i was coughing up a lung & half out of it, wes was mr. mama w/ amelia & also tried to put a headlight into "whitey" (my little white geo prizm from high school that we still drive 10 years later) & failed. wes does NOT fail on car & restoration issues, so this really peeved him & i could tell the rest of the weekend he was just trying to figure it out. no headlight put in yet (the battery is corroded over & he can't get to it, apparently.). what i wanted to do this weekend included going for a walk, going grocery shopping (wes did instead), going to target to buy a much needed shower cap (hey, i can barely get a shower every day let alone wash my hair daily), & baking cookies for addy's welcome home party (lasting 5 minutes) since she finally likes cookies. i accomplished none of those. instead, i watched the entire season so far of Bones online...i hate being sick (but i really like that show). i have been inside of this house since last wednesday afternoon; does going to a doctor even count as being out of the house, though? so if you don't count going to the doctor, it was last tuesday & that was only to take amelia to the pediatrician, so then it was last monday for a women's group lunch bunch picnic. tomorrow, i will hopefully get to go to target to buy my shower cap (i'm guessing addy either threw my last one away or put it down the laundry shoot, where it was then thrown away b/c i didn't realize what it was...or it's hiding somewhere under addy's bed or in her toy chest...hhhmmm).


No comments:
Post a Comment